Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The complete "Oracle"



Here's the full text of "Oracle," the story which won the 2009 ISFiC Writer's Contest and was published in the 2009 WindyCon program book. I'm pretty proud of it. It's about freedom of the press, with aliens, on a space station. In other words, "SPACE BLOGGER!"

(When I say "Here," I mean, look toward the bar marked "Stories" to your right. =====>
I'm still learning this.)

This was kind of a big deal for me, since it came at the end of a year when my son graduated high school and started college, and also a tumultuous year when I got laid off and got my job back. I'm still very invested in stories about communicating the truth, even when it's inconvenient to the powers that be. I've got a few other stories dealing with journalists in alien environments, which will show up at some point.

As a bonus, here's a picture of the award I won:


No comments:

Post a Comment